I really don’t know when will the Indian Media become socially responsible.
I cite media as one of the biggest reasons for continuation of Casteism and call for Reservations in the country. I think India is the only country in the world that takes pride in being called backward and people agitating to include themselves in the backward class. What a Shame!
Take the latest incident here, e-Paper from Times of India, May 29th, 2008, Bangalore Edition or directly this item.
I don’t really understand what is the need of the media to dig into such issues. If the categorization is done on the basis of region, gender, age, educational qualification, economic background etc demographics, probably it makes sense. And they are measurable. What’s cast, btw?
Caste! What a ridicule. And unless media gets responsible, I think we will continue to lose lives and property. What do we gain – I am yet to take a note. Some recent incidents:
- Delhi braces of Gujjar Protest
- City’s borders under siege on Thursday
- Rajasthan seals borders with Haryana, MP
- And probably, the most meaningful of them all – Who’ll pay for damage to public property? We, the taxpayers. Who else. Those agitators anyway don’t pay anything.
- And the most worrysome – Food scarcity looms as no one budges.
Hope there’s some saviour who takes off Caste from the political agenda and from the front page in newspaper, and more importantly, does not call for unnecessary articles like the one I mentioned earlier.
Let’s aim towards making an equal India. Classify, but not divide. Segregate but not exclude.
Is anybody listening out there?
Leave a Reply