LearnG™ 2 is finally out! And I’m loving it.
LearnG™ is a plug-in for Microsoft Office PowerPoint (2003, 2007 and 2010) that can help one create learning nuggets with ease.
I now use it to record all my training sessions. Currently, it can record the presentation, audio and video and create a synchronized output. It has a simple but extensive template engine that can be used to create output in any desired structure. Well, the output is in a format that can be pushed onto web.
And the best part… it can create AICC and SCORM compliant nuggets.
I use it as a multimedia content authoring tool — no pre-production setup, no post-production editing. All that I need to do is incline my laptop screen appropriately so that it’s focussed at correct location (of course, I can change it during recording), turn on the mic and start my presentation. It records the entire slide-show as I do with the audio+video synchronized.
The default template that comes with it has support for:
- Branding (I can have my own logo on the page)
- Video (default – AVI file with Windows Media player for windows, VLC Media Player for Linux)
- Presentation Slidese
- Table of Contents (automatically inferred from the slides — of course, can customize)
On the recording options side, I have a variety of options available:
- Select video-input device, specially if there are multiple connected
- Select audio-input device, specially if multiple available
- Select the audio codec with compression options
- Select the video codec with compression options — can create DivX videos also (say, using Xvid or DivX codec)
- Configure all device properties (brightness, contrast, blah blah blah)
- Configure capture properties (frame rate, video size etc)
- Well, I can do an audio mix also — from mic + audio-being-played-on-machine
Contact me if you want to purchase a perpetual license. Screen-shots on the way…