Finally, I got some time – albeit just past midnight – to look into Facebook API. And as history goes with me, I was looking for that “Hello, World!” application.
And then my Mindless Mind©… once again thought of asking Google to show about some interesting things about “Hello, World!”. Well, basically, I was searching for the original code — no, no, not the “Programming in C” by K&R — but the one at Bell Labs, by Kernighan in “Programming in C: A Tutorial”.
I got some really pages, listed below, worth looking into:
- A brief history at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_world_program
- ACM’s Hel, World program at http://www2.latech.edu/~acm/HelloWorld.shtml
- GNU’s page – keeping in sync with its critical and humour-filled history – on interesting ways to say “Hello, World!” at http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/helloworld.html
- How many ways do you know to write “Hello, World!” in technical world? This Page talks about 350 ways!! Can you beat it?
- Similarly, a few more at http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?HelloWorldInManyProgrammingLanguages
- How about an interesting way to say the same in Microsoft Excel? Check this URL:http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/odd/odd17.htm